The River Cafe Romance Under the Brooklyn Bridge
The River Cafe Romance With Soft Piano Music
The River Cafe is one of New York’s most unique and romantic restaurants. The River Cafe opened for business in 1977 and features nightly piano music, spectacular fresh floral arrangements daily, and a beautiful private garden overlooking the Hudson river.
The River Cafe Romance Overlooking the Statue of Liberty
Nestled under the Brooklyn Bridge and overlooking both the Statue of Liberty and the sparkling lights of the New York City skyline at night, it would be hard to find a more romantic spot for a first date (or your next anniversary).
Recommended Menu Selections The River Cafe New York:
- Wines hand selected by Joseph DeLisso since 1977 – Choose from and extensive wine list, including rare wines from around the world
- Explore “The California Classic” – a historic collection of California’s finest Cabernet Sauvignon/Blends
- Try a Glass of Sauternes – “is a French sweet wine from the Sauternais region of the Graves section in Bordeaux. Sauternes is made from Sémillon, Sauvignon blanc, and Muscadelle grapes that have been affected by Botrytis cinerea, also known as noble rot. This causes the grapes to become partially raisined, resulting in concentrated and distinctively flavored wines.
- Go Big and grab a Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon, or Pinot Noir from Joseph DeLisso’s Magnum Menu for those especially festive celebrations
- Mesmerize your date with one of The River Cafe’s selection of rare Madeira
- Wagyu Steak Tartare – hand cut Kobe style beef with quail egg, Cognac gelée,traditional garnish, toast points
- Sea Scallop and Foie Gras – sautéed Maine sea scallop, mango vinaigrette, seared foie gras, Sauternes wine natural jus, smoked Spring onion confit
- Octopus – char-grilled Portuguese octopus, citrus ~ fennel ~ olive vinaigrette, Marcona almond and sunchoke purée, warm confit potato
- Organic Amish Chicken – herb roasted tender breast, marinated leg saucisse, Black Trumpet mushroom stuffing wrapped in strudel leaves,carrot purée, Madeira natural jus
- Duck Breast – crispy lavender and spice crusted skin, tender braised red cabbage, sweet potato spaetzle
- Lamb – Colorado rack of lamb, braised lamb breast and Swiss chard cannelloni,
Sicilian pistachio and arugula pesto, whipped ricotta
- Branzino – crusted with shrimp and chorizo, grilled baby zucchini, romesco sauce,
Spanish olive oil, lemon
- Mushroom Wellington – vegetarian roasted mushroom, truffled mushroom duxelles,
crisp puff pastry, vegetarian bordelaise
- Pistachio Semifreddo – pistachio daquiose, Pixie tangerine sorbet, Pixie tangerine chip
- Apple ~ Almond Pave’ – layers of carmelized apples, almond frangipane, and crips pastry, green apple sorbet, ginger sorbet, and vanilla ice cream
- And the manufique’ chocolate delicacy Brooklyn Bridge Dessert – Milk chocolate Marquise, rasberry sorbet, vanilla ice cream, crisp meringue, dark chocolate glaze
How to Get to The River Cafe
Experience The River Cafe romance for yourself.
Don’t Have a Date to The River Cafe – Let Eight at Eight Dinner Club Help You Find Love in NYC!